Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Well, first off I had a very nice Thanksgiving and hope you all did as well.
Today started at midnight with a trip to Grapevine Mills Mall- My hubby and I split up to get things done- he and my daughter headed to Gamestop and my son and I were off to KB toys. My hubby was the second in line and I was the first. KB opened just a little early and I was in and out- stopped by the Disney Store and put things in the car. Off to Gamestop where my husband was in line about 6 deep. He proceeded to tell me a grown woman (the one in front of him- probably in her late 40s early 50s) pushed our 3yr old in the face to get in front of my hubby. I was apalled- You know we weren't after any big ticket items and it never ceases to amaze me how low people will stoop to be first. My husband made a comment to her and just got in line. After that- our daughter was in our arms at all times in the crowd.
Anyway after that it was on to Build aBear where we got 2 Moose and a story book for $24 and then they had given us 5 off any animal so we got $10 off making it around 15 for each of the kids to make a new friend.
After that off to Whataburger for some fod and then on to JCPenney- the kids tookan hour and a half nap in the car with the seats folded down. When they opened we all got our snowglobe (this has always been a trandition on Black Friday and I have one from each year since they started giving them out.
Next stop a quick trip to Walmart and Target to get a few items(some clothes on a great sale, barbie dolls, a new phone for my hubby- his has reached its life expectancy) and a few other small items.
After that dropped my hubby off at work for an hour and we ran by Toys R US- I got 2 of the slow kids at play signs on sale BOGO so I paid 10 for both plus had a -3 coupon so only paid 7 plus tax for the two of them. This is something I had been wanting and since the lines weren't terribly long we went ahead and got them.
Back to get my hubby and then off to the house to sleep. Got up around 4. (the 3 yr old fell aseep at Walmart and never woke up until a little after we did at 4). We had a lot of fun and despite some fairly grumpy people we didn't let it get us sown. The buzz of shopper's and the spirit of the the holidays was in the air and we ate it up! :-)
We have never done the all night thing and I am not sure if we will in the future but it worked out fine this year and we all slept good when we got home!!!

I was going to post pics however due to the nature of the shopping and sneaky little eyes I cannot. We got everything we were after though and did well on our budget of spending so all things worked out. I think we will go to a movie tomorrow.
Hope you all did well on your shopping excursions- feel free to leave a comment with a link to your blog- I would love to see how you did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment